Marion County E-cycle Event
The combined efforts of several local, environmentally conscious organizations has resulted in the 15th Annual eCycling Event. Marion County Residents are invited to bring in their old electronics to be recycled in an environmentally safe & secure manner.
Donations will be accepted at the event and are greatly appreciated. Proceeds will be used to support the eCycling grant program benefiting schools and other local non-profits.
The 2019 eCycling Event is sponsored by: Pella Corporation, Vermeer Corporation, PPI, Taylor Management Systems, South Central Iowa Solid Waste Agency, Midwest Sanitation, Rosenman’s Inc. and the City of Pella. Click for more details.
City of Leighton is Saturday, May 11
City of Keomah Village is Friday, May 17
City of Derby is Wednesday, June 19
Unacceptable Items that will not be picked up:
- Televisions, computers, laptops & any other electronic items prohibited from the landfill
- Appliances–washers, dryers, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, microwaves, refrigerators, air conditioners & stoves
- Hazardous Waste: automobile batteries, waste oil, oil-based paint
- Construction or remodeling materials
- Liquid waste or waste containing free liquids
- Waste generated outside the City limits
- Waste generated by non-residential customers, including businesses, churches and schools
- Agricultural waste from farm uses
- Solid waste containing asbestos or any other hazardous substances
Those wishing to dispose of any of the above listed items should make arrangements directly with a licensed hauler at their own expense.
Attention all current Midwest Sanitation and Recycling Customers in the City of Albia
Your service day may be changing as of March 4 and March 5 depending on your address. If you live on the south side of Benton Avenue, your service day will be Monday. If you live on the north side of Benton Avenue, your service day will be Tuesday.
For many of you there will not be a change. However, we wanted to communicate this to all City of Albia residents. If there are questions, please call our office at 641.628.2610. Once again, thank you for your business. We look forward to a great future of providing service to the Albia community.
The City of Oskaloosa in 2019 will have recycling picked up based on the calendar here. Feel free to save and/or print this attachment for your record. Recycling will be picked up on the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month, collection will happen on the gray highlighted weeks in the calendar here. If there are more questions, please call us at 641.628.2610.